Introduction: What’s Clutch?
Part I: Why People Are Clutch
- Focus: The Morality Plays of David Boies
- Discipline: When the Stakes Are as High as They Can Be
- Adapting: Fighting the Fight, Not the Plan
- Being Present: Opening-Night Jitters and the Role of a Lifetime
- Fear and Desire: Living Life Without a Plan B
- Double Clutch: What Billie Jean King Did for Women
Part II: Why People Choke
- A Leader’s Responsibility: How the Reputations of Ken Lewis and Jamie Dimon Fell and Rose in the Financial Crisis
- The Perils of Overthinking: Rehearsing the Speech Before the Victory
- Overconfidence Starts the Fall: What the Worst Factory in America Cost GM and Taught Toyota
Part III: How to Be Clutch
- How to Be Clutch with Your Money: Knowing When to Quit
- How to Be Clutch in Sports: Trust What Got You There
Conclusion: The Tiger Conundrum: Is He Still Clutch?